The latest Rural Health News Service “Thinking About Health” column is “E-cigarettes May Be Leading to Lung Disease Epidemic.”
The twice-monthly columns, free for publication by CNPA Members with support from the California Press Foundation, are intended to help readers better understand the health issues in their community, state and nation.
Other recent columns have included:
- “Headlines About Medical Studies May Be More Enthusiastic Than Accurate”
- “Air Ambulance Companies Have Consumers in Death Grip”
- “Resurrecting Old Insurance Model May Limit Who Gets Covered and How Well”
- “Changes in Tax Law Aren’t Helping Medicare”
- “Rural People Most Affected by Negative Health Care Trends”
One rural weekly editor in California had this feedback about the content: “As you obviously know, rural areas often get lost in the shuffle when it comes to social policy. Thanks for providing this service.”
To join the email list for columns — at no obligation — please email us with “Send me RHNS” in the subject line. After you receive the column, see if this feature has a place in your newspaper’s pages or on your website. If you consider it suitable, publish it in print or online.