Free stuff: Health copy for your readers
CNPA and other state press associations offer a regular article on community health issues of interest to your readers. There is no charge for the material.
National health reporters such as Trudy Lieberman provide bi-weekly news stories to help readers better understand the health issues in their community, state and nation.
We'll alert you to new columns in the CNPA Bulletin. Please see if this feature has a place in your pages or on your website. If you like it, run it.
Recent columns have included:
- “E-cigarettes May Be Leading to Lung Disease Epidemic”
- “Facing Surgery? Some Important Questions to Ask Your Hospital and Doctor, Too”
- “Drug Prices Still Rising; Relief for Patients Unlikely”
- “Senators Release Disturbing Report on America’s Nursing Homes”
- “Another Challenge: Finding the Right Follow-Up Care after Hospitalization”
CNPA provides this content, in partnership with the California Press Foundation, Nebraska Press Association Foundation and other state press associations.
One weekly editor in California had this feedback about the content: “As you obviously know, rural areas often get lost in the shuffle when it comes to social policy. Thanks for providing this service.”
To join the email list for columns — at no obligation — please contact Joe Wirt. After you receive the column, see if this feature has a place in your newspaper’s pages or on your website. If you consider it suitable, please publish it.