State Capitol, Photo by Tom Myers CNPA has, for the first time, combined the Legislative Conference (formerly CNPA Governmental Affairs Day) with the Industry Summit, Feb. 5-6 at the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, Sacramento.
Here are two things to know about the Legislative Forum part of the conference and three things to do right now.
1. The legislative forum will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 5, and the Legislative Reception will occur Tuesday evening from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel. This informal and collegial gathering of news executives and legislators is the heart of the event, and the importance of strong representation from the industry cannot be overstated.
2. Following Tuesday’s great Legislative Forum program, there will be plenty of time for you to meet with your Senator and Assembly member in the Capitol. CNPA staff will arrange these meetings on your behalf.
1. Register for the Capital Conference today (here).
2. Personally call your legislators and invite them to meet you at the Tuesday evening reception.
3. Contact CNPA (email@example.com) to arrange your legislative appointments.
Meeting with your legislators propels CNPA’s legislative efforts at the Capitol. Your attendance makes a difference!