Website TBC Media
TBC Media, the leading source for local news and information in Bakersfield, California, is seeking a dynamic forward thinking candidate with a proven track record of sales success to lead our small but energetic team.
The successful candidate will understand the multicultural marketplace, be results-driven and have proven skills in increasing top-line revenue, creating and implementing aggressive digital strategies, experience building a cohesive team and strategic planning experience. Exceptional communication, time management and planning skills are required. He/she should possess a solid leadership track record of sales management experience preferably in the media business and/or general manager experience with a sales background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively initiate, direct and manage multi-media advertising initiatives to increase solutions for TBC Media customers.
- Direct and manage all advertising sales strategies across all platforms.
- Analyze revenue dollars and marketplace competition to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Responsible for the direction, coordination, training and evaluation of advertising staff.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans and programs to increase awareness of our product offerings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Must have 5 years’ experience leading an advertising or sales department.
- Must have proven leadership skills with excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the competitive media landscape to include online initiatives.
- Ability to manage under deadlines, multi-task and motivate employees
- Must have valid California driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
This position is open now, and we are actively seeking the right person to fill this key role in our company.
Interested individuals should submit a resume/application to:
The Bakersfield Californian
ATTN: Human Resources-Sales Manager
PO Box 440
Bakersfield, CA 93302-0440
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screen and a background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org