This position oversees the distribution of four weekly publications in Santa Clara County and two in San Benito County. The circulation manager will work out of our Downtown San Jose and Gilroy offices with a weekly visit to our Fremont distribution center. It provides professional challenge in the office managing systems and devising strategies, and outside in the field.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee all subscription fulfillment, renewals and distribution programs for three home-delivered weeklies, with goals of maximizing revenue, penetration and reach.
- Manage all aspects of sales and marketing, including promotions and advertising campaigns for home delivery and single sales. Generate print orders, oversee postage, manage compliance reports and provide customer service. Manage distribution program for three free weeklies by contract drivers.
- Manage all distribution data, billing, renewals, contractor payments and route lists.
- Maintain fleet vehicles. Ensure excellent delivery service for all products, including delivery partnerships. Continually seek opportunities to expand readership for Metro Silicon Valley, South Valley Magazine, San Benito Magazine, Morgan Hill Times, Gilroy Dispatch and Hollister Free Lance.
- Previous newspaper industry, home delivery or related experience
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Good health and ability to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, good driving record and auto insurance
- Knowledge of web tools, route optimization SaaS services and database management
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://metronews.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52 →