Times-News in Twin Falls, Idaho, seeks a proven leader to direct and oversee our newsroom with a passion for local news and a desire to grow digital and print readership.
As editor, you will utilize your knowledge, experience and ability to implement innovative ideas that will lead directly to growth of Times-News print and digital audience. The editor will play a vital role on Times-News senior management team which determines short and long-term strategy and implements the tactics necessary to grow the enterprise. The Editor is also expected to play an active role as a leader in the community.
The successful applicant will know how to practice great journalism and how to coach, mentor and develop an enthusiastic and energetic staff to create consistently compelling story-telling and eye-popping photography and design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead newsroom projects and initiatives
- Project management and creation of new products in an effort to grow audience
- Hire, train and develop the newsroom staff, with an emphasis on developing vibrant content for an award-winning website
- Monitor and track performance of the team through standards of performance
- Coordinate month to month progress of a news plan through planning and execution
- Being an active member of the editorial board
- Prepare and comply with the annual budget for the newsroom
- Established track record of journalistic excellence
- Strong background in leading a newsroom through innovative solutions to grow audience
- Proven record of achieving audience growth through print and digital media
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks and rapidly changing priorities
- Self-motivated, community-oriented and organized
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university and at least ten years of newsroom management experience
Times-News offers a competitive compensation package. We offer a variety of medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs. We also offer 401k and life insurance options as well as paid vacation, sick and personal time.
Pre-employment, post-offer background check and drug screening required. Times-News is a Drug-Free Employer.
Times-News is a division of Lee Enterprises, a leading media organization providing local news, and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with 46 daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 22 states.
For more information and to apply, visit www.lee.net/careers
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://lee.net/careers/opportunities/ →