The Hanford Sentinel
The Hanford Sentinel is looking for a motivated and talented reporter who is interested in covering city government in Hanford and the Kings County Board of Supervisors. We’re looking for someone who wants to be a watchdog but is also eager to write about events and people in our community. The responsibilities of this position include some cops coverage and breaking news as needed.
The right person must have news judgment, be a self-starter who knows how to develop a beat, and be inquisitive. Photography skills and fluency in Spanish are pluses. The full-time position will be based at our Hanford Sentinel office in the Central Valley of California. Qualified candidates apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reporting on city/county government
- Covering breaking police and fire news as needed
- Developing sources and stories on your beat
- Attending night meetings as needed
- Work Monday through Friday, some night shifts and weekends as needed.
- Must have 1-2 years reporting experience.
- Photography experience a plus.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative.
- Must be able to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining professionalism in the workplace.
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism or related field.
Excellent medical, dental and 401k options
1 week of vacation after the first year, 2 weeks after year two
3 sick days per year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com