Website The Hanford Sentinel
We’re looking for a reporter who knows how to dig for a story and work a beat, write about what’s important to local people in clear, concise language and is comfortable with digital reporting and use of social media.
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Photo and social media skills are a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the confidence to talk to members of the community about story ideas, concerns, and comments.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative.
- Must be able to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining professionalism in the workplace.
- Must possess reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout the local community.
- Drug and background check required upon offer of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism preferred.
- 2 years journalism experience preferred.
- Database reporting skills preferred.
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid vacation.
The Hanford Sentinel is located in the Central Valley south of Fresno a part of Lee Central Newspapers and Lee Enterprises. Learn more about us at hanfordsentinel.com.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news, information and advertising in primarily midsize markets, with 46 daily newspapers and a joint interest in four others, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 22 states. Learn about our parent company at lee.net.
Please apply at lee.net/careers/opportunities under the location The Sentinel — Hanford.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://lee.net/careers/opportunities/ →