Website Santa Ynez Valley News
Lee Central Coast Newspapers is looking for a motivated and talented reporter to cover the Santa Ynez Valley for the twice-weekly Santa Ynez Valley News. The right candidate should be adept at covering breaking news, writing stories about city government, education and enterprise reporting. The position is based in our Santa Ynez Valley News office in Solvang. We’re looking for someone who wants to be a watchdog but who is also eager to write about events and people.
The right person must have news judgment, be a self-starter and be inquisitive. Photography skills and fluency in Spanish are pluses. Local candidates or candidates able to self-relocate only, please. Apply online.
- Covering all aspects of news in the Santa Ynez Valley.
- Planning content, producing budgets twice a week.
- Multi-media savvy.
- 2-3 years reporting experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative.
- Must be able to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining professionalism in the workplace.
- Photography experience a plus.
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism or related field.
- Must possess reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required upon offer of employment.
Excellent medical, dental and 401k with matching, and paid time off.
Who We Are
Lee Central Coast Newspapers includes Santa Maria Times, Lompoc Record, Santa Ynez Valley News and Space Country Times. Lee Central Coast Newspapers is a division of Lee Enterprises, a leading provider of local news, information and advertising in primarily midsize markets, with 46 daily newspapers and a joint interest in four others, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 23 states. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://lee.net/careers/opportunities/ →