Website SF Weekly
San Francisco’s award-winning arts, culture and alternative weekly publication is seeking an editor to lead its talented team of journalists who produce SF Weekly and SF Evergreen (which covers the growing cannabis industry). This is a rare opportunity to shape the direction and content of two well-read publications in a fast-paced, creative and fun work environment located in the heart of San Francisco.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the digital and print platforms of SF Weekly, SF Evergreen, including its editorial content, design, social media, and email newsletters
- Lead, edit and mentor the SF Weekly team of staff writers and editors
- Coordinate, edit, and grow a team of freelance writers and photographers who contribute to the publications
- Plan and publish SFWeekly, SF Evergreen and several special sections published throughout the year
- Be a key player in determining the editorial strategy, mission, tone and direction of the publications with a goal toward bringing readers content they can get nowhere else, continuing to grow readership
- Work with the Ad Team on allocating editorial space for any given week’s issue.
- Develop relationships with those who know the cultural scene of San Francisco, the cannabis industry and more
- Work with the editorial team to generate creative ideas and concepts for stories, projects and multimedia work
- Come up with new ways to showcase and promote our content
- Oversee and collaborate with the art director to develop cover and art concepts for the feature story and inside the book
- Collaborate with in-house photographers on photo assignments for stories
- Collaborate and coordinate with editors of other San Francisco Media Co. publications
- Work with the marketing and editorial teams in hosting special events for the public
- Oversee and inform the publications’ robust social media presence, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate exceptional skills in writing, editing and leading journalists in creating content on deadline, while also producing more in-depth pieces that examine the abundant arts, music and food space in San Francisco as well as the city’s complex social issues from a different perspective. Must be a skilled planner with experience in managing a budget, and is able to gracefully juggle many tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines. Experience with InDesign, SEO, analytics, Photoshop, and WordPress are a plus as well as social-media savvy. A willingness to learn a new content management system is a must, and a sense of humor is always desired.
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: Feb. 19, 2020
Send resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com