Website Napa Valley Register
If you love finding sports news that matters to hometown readers, we’d like to hear from you.
Here’s your chance to join the best sports news team in Napa County. We’re looking for a reporter to cover sports who is proficient in both multi-media and reporting. We’ll consider both experienced and entry-level applicants, as long as you’re dedicated to writing news that connects with readers.
As part of our small but ambitious staff, you’ll hustle to break news on our web and mobile platforms, while pursuing insightful, high-impact enterprise. You’ll need an inquisitive mind, sharp writing skills and an appreciation for small-town life. Photo skills are a plus as well.
The job involves covering sports and also preparing sports pages for the Register and our associated weeklies.
As part of Lee Enterprises, we offer excellent earnings potential and a full benefits package, along with a professional work environment focused on growth opportunities for employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and a background/DMV check prior to commencing employment.
Please apply online. For consideration please attach links or examples of previous writing experience.
- Must have a degree in journalism or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Previous daily newspaper experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able and willing to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and demonstrated skill and ability with multi-media platforms.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://napavalleyregister.com/workhere →