What is the National Preprint Network?
The National Preprint Network is a joint venture linking together major market newspaper paid only or paid and TMC programs, enabling clients to efficiently execute a national preprint buy.
Newspapers Can Now Provide Clients a National Footprint
Why was NPN developed?
It is an opportunity for newspapers to compete effectively for nationwide shared mail business by offering a one-stop/one-price convenience coveted by advertisers.
Convenience + Saturation + Price = Newspapers Can Now Compete For Shared Mail Business
How will Newspapers benefit from NPN?
- Potential new revenue stream for newspapers. Minimal risk: Only new or incremental clients are eligible
- Each newspaper has 100% opt-out choice on each proposed sale
- Every NPN member has the opportunity to participate as a seller and a distributor of new business
- Our competitors’ primary concern is that newspapers will work together to form a Network, to go after their business. NPN is now here – now is the time
- NPN was developed in coordination with anti-trust counsel to ensure all legal requirements were met
- NPN is the first “client friendly” preprint program in existence: one rep, one buy, one price, one invoice
- Newspapers finally have a way to leverage their collective strengths, while appealing to clients’ long-stated desire for convenience and pricing simplicity
NPN is a cooperative developed for newspapers by newspapers