The West Coast hosts a rare stop for NewsTrain on Nov. 11 at the University of Washington in Seattle.
NewsTrain attendees will gather digital-journalism skills in social-media branding and reporting, mobile storytelling, data-driven enterprise and open-records sleuthing.
The workshop is $75 (if you register before Oct. 11) and includes breakfast and lunch.
Sessions will include:
- Maximizing social media to get your story read;
- Using social media as powerful reporting tools;
- Making smart choices in mobile storytelling;
- Producing data-driven enterprise stories off your beat; and
- Using state and federal open-records laws effectively
NewsTrain is sponsored by Associated Press Media Editors (APME) and hosted by area newspapers and SPJ chapters.