Share CNPA opportunity with your freelancers
Publishers and editors: Please consider sharing this opportunity with your freelance pool. You may download a one-sheet to accompany your message.
Here is the suggested text:
CNPA has freelancers’ backs
If you are a freelancer for California media outlets, the California News Publishers Association (CNPA) can help make your job a lot easier.
With a membership of more than 450 print and digital daily, weekly, monthly and campus publications, CNPA can help you gain quick access to job prospects.
Despite its size, the organization’s membership is a close-knit group of journalists who talk to one another and are aided by nimble CNPA staff who provide critical help and resources to member publications.
With a CNPA membership of $100 per year:
- You will be able to connect directly with California editors in an online forum to pitch your skills and ideas or find out what projects they need created.
- You will be issued a CNPA member ID card.
- You will gain access to CNPA’s job listings.
- You will gain access to legal help.
- You will gain access to educational opportunities and seminars, online and in person.
- You will be able to enter the prestigious California Journalism Awards contest to get your work showcased as well as attend the Awards Gala and annual Capital Conference.
- You’ll have the CNPA team watching your back at the state Capitol where freelance opportunities have come under attack in recent years by bad legislation.
When you join CNPA, you join a group that stands to protect journalists.
Learn more at cnpa.com.